Friday, June 27, 2008

The best animal at the zoo

Today we were invited to go to the zoo with some new friends... (thank you Lord for new friends and the old!)
It was a lovely summer day... (which we haven't had many here yet!) and it's a great zoo! We enjoyed hippos, tigers, baby gorillas, baby elephants.. etc... but of course for Finn, once he spotted the "backho" (which he can actually say,,, he names all the machinery with their correct names...and uses his growly voice...!) there was no leaving that spot!!! He gave a squeal of delight everytime the backhoe.... backed up and started to scoop a load!! I'm telling you it was like Christmas morning.... it just didn't get any better for Finn,,, but leaving was traumatic and like losing your best friend!! Thank goodness for all the construction in Calgary!! I love Finn's passion for these machines right now... I also pray for him that as his passions change through the years.. that his one overriding passion will be to love and serve Jesus Christ..

No comments: