Sunday, August 3, 2008

An American GIrl at the movies

This is a pic of Bethany before we went to see the movie, "Kit, An American Girl..." Bethy and I just love reading all the American girl books. They are so well written and teach sooo much history. I love them! (Even LUke is pretty interested in them, but wouldn't be too excited to know I had posted them,,, the point is they are very interesting..) We have been learning lots about the depression. The movie was quite different from the book, but still maintained the excellent interest and quality I have come to expect from the other movies. We watch them all the time.
Bethy went with some friends from school, who also brought their American Girl dolls, and when we walked in there was another pocket of girls carrying their dolls. Of course everyone had to ask which doll they had,, etc.. It was cute! Bethy was the only one dressed like her doll. Bethy's is a look a like (except for the freckles!) and the matching dresses are from Winners!

No comments: